dying your hair

I'm mixed answers on this can you dye your hair while pregnant and can you get your nails done? I'm being told no by some people and yes by others

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes, its perfectly safe
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 9:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• you can get your hair dyed....that's what my ob told me and also my hairdresser. relaxer no.....the chemicals touch the scalp. highlights i could do because they said the chemicals don't touch your scalp.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• my doc said to use hair dye with no amonia and limit it to every 6 weeks-she wasnt too keen on getting my nails done though because of inhaling all the fumes
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes and yes.
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 10:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• on the dying dine but nails the chemicals can harm the baby . If you paint them at home do in a well ventilated area

karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• im 20 weeks pregnant and dyed my hair 2 days ago...u are allowed to but its states on the leaflet in the box that if pregnant,the chemicals if inhaled can cause problems to the baby..my hairdresser always dyed her hair while pregnant..from higlights..to full head highlights..she said that some peoples hormonal imbalance can make the colour of the dye not take to the hair or make you lose more hair but she said nothing about danger to the baby.
    regarding the nails..im not so sure because its something i very rarley do but if the chemicals from hairdye dont do much then y would the chemicals from nails? x
    glasgowmummy

Answer by glasgowmummy at 10:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i am 10 weeks preg and i frosted my hair on saturday its safe
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 10:59 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Dyeing your hair should wait until atleast the 2nd Tri. But nails isn't safe while pregnant or not. Its because of all the chemicals and depree in the air
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 5:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2010