Thyroid problems?

Has anyone had problems with their thyroid?I've been having a lot of issues and the doc thinks I have hyperthyroidism but my T3 and T4 levels are normal. My THS level is really out of whack tho and Im worried if its not my thyroid then what is it? If anyone has had any experience with this please let me know.

JoonBug21

Asked by JoonBug21 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Health

• Go to an endocrinologist. I had undiagnosed thyroid problems for years. The normal range is .5-5 or something like that, but really normal is between 1-2. I felt like shit for years. Depo Provera is responsible for my endocrine system damage. Normal docs just read the ranges.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Ya I've made an appointment. The normal level for yout TSH is .4 and mine is .008 so really low! I'm just wondering what they did to help you?
    JoonBug21

Answer by JoonBug21 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I had a hyperactive thyroid after I had my son. It is normal to have thyroid problems after pregnancy and normally go away on their own. I gained 22lbs with my son and in 6 wks I lost 36. I was super weak, dizzy, and passed out a few times.

They did tons of tests and my levels were normal as well. I've been there so let me know if you have any questions
    LuvMybebe

Answer by LuvMybebe at 5:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I am being treated for hypothyrodism,I don't know levels,but ,I have been taking meds. for about 6 yrs.My meds. had to adjusted a couple of times.I had every sign,brittle hair,weakness,tireness,of course wt. gained.I feel better than before,but not totally.GOOD LUCK.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008