Since my dd turned ten months...

She no longer wants to go to bed at her normal bedtime. She wakes up between 730 and 830 in the morning .. takes an hour and a half to two hour nap at 12 then doesn't want to go to sleep at 830. Yes, she still wakes up in the night once or twice. Ideas??

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 9:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• CIO- Cry it out method. gotta do it right though. don't just let her scream forever. after about 8-10 minutes go in, tell her it's bedtime, give her a kiss and lay her down. repeat, only don't say anything, just give a kiss and lay her down. it won't be overnight, but after about a week, she'll be going to bed just fine on her own.

OR

some moms will lay their baby down, and sit next to their crib, and every night inch their way to the door, until they're completely out the door.

i did the CIO while they were in the crib, never had to do it with dd though, i had her bedtime at 8 since she was 4wks. but i'd let them CIO in the middle of the night for a little bit before i went and got them. after about 4 days they were sleeping through the night. i did the inching toward the door thing for the toddler bed. they get out of those easier. eventually they would get in bed on their own, play quietly, crawl back in bed,sleep
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Sounds normal to me.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• CIO. she still wakes up at night? GL!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with CIO .. what does it stand for??
    bseastrand

Comment by bseastrand (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• try feeding her more at night and see if she goes early or if she stays sleeping longer, also my parents done it when we got to about 6 7months old they would put a dribble of brandy in our bottles so we would go through the night not suggesting it but just saying there can be ways to get them down we gave my daughter more food at night so she wouldnt wake up at night
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010