I might be bashed but I need to know...EDIT

i live in central florida where the weather is always nice. but not this year. tomorrow morning, its gonna be 17 degrees with wind chill.....a freeze warning. we are not used to this at all!! my sons pre school is about half a mile up the road. we have to walk as we only have one car and dh goes to work at 6am. i also have a baby. i'm kinda thinking to keep ds at home tomorrow. is this a stupid idea? 17 degrees is like minus 50 to us floridians and half a mile is kinda long to walk with a 4 year old and a baby in a stroller. it was 38 degrees this morning and they both ended up crying.

i forgot to add that he missed 2 days of school last week because he was sick.

thank you so much ladies! i was sure i was gonna be bashed! and to all the northerners and canadians....i know you're snickering at 17 degrees....lol!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Stay home, no one will think you are a bad person for doing that:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• That is too cold to have little ones out walking. No bashing here, keep them inside bundled and warm. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:44 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Stay home... it'll be ok. Better to stay home than to let them get sick and have the flu!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• IMO I would keep him home or ask a friend/neighbor if they can watch your lo. I feel your pain with the weather I live in CT.Stay warm
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I don't see why you should make them go in that kind of weather if you are not used to it. I'm used to cold winters, but still prefer to keep my kids inside.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 9:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• no hun keep them babies in the warm house.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Honey I'm in Michigan and I wouldn't walk by myself to the mailbox in 17 degree weather, never mind with two babies!!! Please stay home where it's warm and toasty!! Those babies don't need to be exposed to weather this cold!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Stay home or go in late? Cold isn't so bad if you have the appropriate clothes. If you don't, then stay home!
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 9:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• 17 degrees Fahrenheit? That is below freezing. I would probably stay home. He is only missing a day of pre-school. I think he will be okay! If the weather continues to be cold you might need to come up with another plan though!
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would stay home too. It might be different if your son was in 3rd grade and had a major test or something but since it is just preschool and you have a baby too, I would stay home.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010