Did I over-react?

My husband received the following text from a female friend of his: "I was told to send this to the sexiest person in my phone. Since I can't text myself, would you mind forwarding it back to me? LOL!"

I considered it to be her flirting with him and therefore inappropriate. I trust my husband, just not her. He's known her as long as me (over 20 years), but I've known her longer. I'd never send something like that to a male friend of mine. I got upset about this, but at her and not him.

Did I over-react, or would you feel the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• No, I would tell that woman that you understand y'all are close, but not THAT close, and that you were offended and felt she crossed a line. Who knows... maybe she mass texted bc she wanted to receive a bunch of messages of how sexy she is. Sounds like a juvenile.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• No way. I would be pissed myself and text her back from his phone saying back off. She should know better...all these women out there drive me crazy!! Their OUR MEN leave them alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• its just a forward text isnt it? its considered more of a joke i would laugh it off. and not let it get to me. if it went any further THEN i would get upset.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• did he forward it back?
    Anonymous

• It's just a joke, my friend sends both my husband & myself dirty jokes all the time, if you are all good friends it's no big deal.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• OP here... I don't know if he forwarded it back or not, and he assures me it's nothing. The thing I hate is that she lives across the street and down one house from us. I trust him...just not her. I told him she was turning to him b/c she's no longer with "R," and he didn't say anything to that. Heck, I can understand if she has feelings for him. So do I! But I still think what she did was wrong. She knows we're married too, and that's what makes it worse.
    Anonymous

• If I were you I would talk to the woman and tell her how the text made you feel. Tell her you don't feel comfortable with it and that you consider it flirting. If she is your friend she will understand and back off! Never be niave about another women's intentions!!!!!!
    tall_mom42

Answer by tall_mom42 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• OP here... I'm betting my husband will say something to her. I'll wait and see what happens, but my husband has no doubt how I feel about it.

For the record, my ex-in-laws and my husband and I send dirty texts to each other all the time...woman to woman and man to man. If the woman is married, I don't have the problem with it that I would if she's single. I know my ex sil is in a solid marriage, and it wouldn't bother me what SHE said to my husband. It's just this one friend of my his I have a problem with...probably b/c she's newly single and lives so close.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Darn! Forgot to hit the anon button, lol!
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'm sorry, but my husband has NO female friends, and when we got together he got rid of them all, (i had to do the same) There isn't a GOOD reason for him to have female friends..I should be his only friend, lover, ect..
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008