Ran across this interesting website ... what do you think?

Friend of mine on FB posted this ... thought it might make for good conversation. 

http://www.godchecker.com/

Opinions? 

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 9:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think it's really cool!

Sugah, i am Hindu & they kind of made fun of the Hindu gods too. I don't mind though, i actually LOL at some of the jokes they cracked. It's all in good fun, nothing to get bent out of shape about. When i clicked on each Hindu god though, they gave a pretty good explanation of them. I think this is just a site with a humorus way to explain the thousands of gods out there. It's entertaining at least, which should get the attention of some.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I thought it was humorous.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 9:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• looks like a good place to pick up a nasty computer virus.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• interesting
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 10:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It is a interesting sight with a starting point regarding the differing aspects of many Gods.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Shane .... care to elaborate?
    SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It has lots of info
    wowiemommy

Answer by wowiemommy at 10:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It is a interesting sight with a starting point regarding the differing aspects of many Gods. [pnwmom]
    ___________________

That's what I thought and why I wanted to share. I was also hoping it would lead to some interesting discussions on here.
    SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i find it VERY interesting. i bookmarked it for future reading. im always looking for information on other cultures'/ religions' Gods mostly from a historical pov (you wanna know a ppl know their religion!)

is it fairly factual? you never know with the internet...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Well, I find it pretty insulting for the writer of the website to politely demonize, and distort African religions/cultures. The overview of African religions is so far fetched that its actually LOL funny. Not hardly a credible source for African Gods b/c the top ten listed have a general brief overview, which IMO, wouldnt give much information to a person trying to learn who those God/dess are. The Egyptian Gods dont even have their original names. I can never understand why when learning about Ancient Kemet ppl always refer to all the Greek given names, i.e Egypt - Kemet, Isis - Auset, and etc. The website doesnt even mention Neith, the oldest God/dess in all of Ancient Kemets dynasties. The site doesnt even attempt to add necessary spiritual associations with the Gods, and that defeats th purpose of the reading about them. Even the info about the Hindu Goddess Kali SUCKS. This website is amature buLl$h!t. Sorry...

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 12:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2010