I have a 3 month old bostin terrier chawahwa mix that has a bad probablam with my 1 year old son. She keeps graling at him and trying to bite him what do i do

she pees and poops on the floor and barks grawls and nipps at my son and wines when we put her in a different room we migh get rid of her if we cant train her fast

katkashka

Asked by katkashka at 9:54 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pets

• I would get rid of the dog before he hurts the baby.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• well thats what i was thinking but at the same time i think there is still hope for her
    katkashka

Comment by katkashka (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Either get some PROFESSIONAL training, or find her a home with people who can take care of her. You are obviously ill-equipped to deal with training such a young dog with that type of temperament, continuing as you are now will only make you, your family, AND the puppy very unhappy. Training is an important aspect of pet care, a dog needs to have structure and routine and know who the boss is, just like kids. If you don't know how to properly train a dog yourself, and can't afford to put your puppy in classes or hire a personal trainer, you are better off just finding that puppy a home. If you want a dog, get one that is a little older and already trained, with a more mellow personality and better behavior.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't keep that dog
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Get rid of your dog. Your child is more important to care for at this time. Let someone else care for it so the dog can get undivided attention from someone else.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• You may never get that type of dog to be tolerant to a child, but try rolling a newspaper and swat your hand, not the dog, to make a loud noise to scare the dog and firmly and loudly say no. As often as necessary. Terriers and chihuauhas generally don't mix with small children -- too high strung.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 10:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• ok well you should all know that i have had pets my whole life and i am very experinced in training a dog some times it takes awhile though i have to huskys to cat a rabbit and my newest puppy and i have been very susesful in training all my pets i also work for and dog rescue - pet training and addoption home all i was asking was is i should wait a little longer or continue training
    katkashka

Comment by katkashka (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• the dog is 3 months old...get rid of it before anyone gets too attatched and before he hurts your baby.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Keep up on the training and show that pup who's boss! My grandma's dog tried to growl and nip my oldest daughter and I did what Caesar Millan does, grabbed it by the neck and rolled it on it's side while staring it down. Dog never did it again. No dog is hopeless, it's young enough still where there is hope for him.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I'm not sure about Boston Terriers but Chihuahua's are Not good with kids at all- They are very nervous dogs & usually bond with one person- They can get pretty jealous- I don't think this is probably the right breed for your family- i think it is time to find him a New Home- Good Luck!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2010