I have a 3 year old boy & a 14 th month old boy & don't want to go crazy with the toys so I bought them 3 toys each.....why do I feel I need to buy more? I just hear of people buying loads of toys for their kids but I know thats shallow to look at it that way not the message I want to send...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no big deal. christmas is about sharing and the season of giving but alot of its lost with so many things to buy. its over commericialized. its the little things that matter. cookies for santa or going to church and singing christmas carols or decorating the tree together. that is what its about. its about family and what the holiday represents. more gifts don;t mean happier child. 3 gifts are fine. can always stock the stocking with goodies.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Why didn't I hear about this before I had kids. The three gifts because that is all Jesus got.
    I would totally do this. You won't be sorry.
    MotherAndMore

Answer by MotherAndMore at 10:02 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• you can get away with it at their age
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I don't usually buy lots of toys, To make it look like they have more things to open I add things like winter boots, or clothes, ski pants, things that I know they need and why not let them open the gifts. When they are young it is all about opening the presents.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Some families make all their gifts for one another. That would've been a great idea too. My kids are 15, 16, and 19 and honestly, after the gifts are opened and the brunch is eaten, there's not much after that. I would like to do some volunteer work in a soup kitchen Christmas day, but I know hubby does not enjoy that type of thing. You're at a good age where you can create some good traditions for your family. I almost forgot: some people bake a little birthday cake for the birthday boy Jesus.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2010