Vaccines question

Are vaccines haraam for muslims?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• NO.
    Anonymous

• They still aren't a good idea though! Do some research!

www.VaccineTruths.org
    www.VRAN.org
    www.educate-yourself.org/vcd/
    Anonymous

• Many vaccines, especially those given to children, are full of haram substances — human parts, gelatine from pork, alcohol, animal/monkey parts, all coming from the West who do not have knowledge of halal or haram. It is forbidden in Islam to have any of these haram substances in their bodies.

Polio, MMR are two examples of haram vaccinations.

Here are a few resources...

http://www.blacktriangle.org/blog/?p=1547

http://www.thenews.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=5521

njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• A friend of mine in Egypt is Muslim and is in medical school...I asked him about this, and this is exactly what he messaged me back with:

"Well first of all I do not have the authority nor enough knowledge to say whether something is haram (forbidden) or halal (allowed or permissible).

With that said I have never heard any objections to the vaccines we give over here and in other parts of the world. I'm not sure what the opinion is of those that say it shouldn't be allowed, but I'm guessing maybe it's because of what is inside the vaccine? Like if it was derived from pigs perhaps?

But even then if there is no other option, there's nothing wrong with using that type of vaccine. Because it's out of necessity."
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 5:00 PM on Nov. 9, 2008