Have any of you ever been cheated on??? adult content

My son is one and me and his father have been what i thought was happily together for the past 4 years. Well last week i found out he has been cheating on me. I left him and I am so angry that he hasnt called to apologize or even say he misses me but i hate him is this normal??? He has still seen our son I drop him off and pick him up but he refuses to talk to me wont even apologize I dont understand one day my life was normal now its totally upside down and he is acting like this is how it has been for years like we have never even been together. Is he in shock or am I insane???

sweetkizzaz

Asked by sweetkizzaz at 10:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• It happens. My friend and her husband of 10 years are divorcing. He told her that he was Gay.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Wow...I'm sorry that you are going through this. My husband cheated on me but it was before we were married, it's def something hard to get over and it takes FOREVER to get the trust back (if you ever do) I'm sure he's embarrassed but at the same time as sad as it sounds he may be relieved you found out and wanted a way out. Either way I know you are hurting and I'm sorry. ...and you prbably don't hate him, you are just extremely hurt.
    bbbrussell20

Answer by bbbrussell20 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• yes i have many times befor i was married and even after i was married by my husband we have split up and gottin back to geather and even did marrige consoling we have worked out are problems for now but im sorry but the way he is acting he dont care about you and he is not trying to get back togeather so i wouldent even bother you deserve much better i wish i had the curge to to what you did and leave my husband go find some one better for you and better for your son just reamber its good for your son to have both parents but that dont mean you have to suffer and be unhappy to do that good luck with what ever happens
    katkashka

Answer by katkashka at 10:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Sorry you have to go through such a heartbreaking experience.

I know this is gonna be hard to hear, but honestly, it sounds like he is not emotionally invested in the relationship anymore. If he doesn't have feeling enough to apologize, he probably isn't planning to mend things with you.

Since you have a child together, you can't just kick him out of your life; but you probably should start thinking of building a life that only has a role for him as father to your child. There are better, more trust-WORTHY men out there.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I am sorry. So you want him to apologize, but he wont? Does he feel like he did anything wrong? You didnt ask my advice but instead of waiting on him to apologize, why not just forgive him. You still love him very much. Why not ask him if he interested in reconciliation and to go into counseling with you? If he refuses to go to counseling or to engage in reconciliation, then make sure that you keep the appt with the counselor.

Lastly have you gone to the doctor to have the various STD tests done. My prayers are sincerely with you. I have had a boyfriend that cheated so badly, I thought that I would go crazy. Been there, done that... You can overcome adversity.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 11:05 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• yes it is normal to hate him...give it time..
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 11:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My ex husband cheated on me more times than I can remember. He had two children by two other women while we were married. Every time I found out, he had an excuse "he needed a place to stay and he felt obligated", "he was drunk", "he didn't know if we were still together", and my favorite "why not?"

Like pp said, you need to go get a full work up done. You never know what he could have.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes I have a poor pick in men or men are just really good at hiding who they really are. I've only had 3 serious relationships and every single one cheated on me
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If you've been cheated on, sometimes its impossible to forgive. easier to move on. i was cheated on after 16 years of "happy" marriage. he cheated with the neighbor and actually moved in with her and her son next door. but you will survive. take my word RUN!
    witchypoo1228

Answer by witchypoo1228 at 1:51 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yep I have and it sucks.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010