ok i want to join a gym but no one wants to work out with me and i dont want to work out alone what should i do

i live in brookings SD and i dont really have that many friends and the ones that i do wont work out with me

katkashka

Asked by katkashka at 10:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I just saw we live many states away. I am in the same boat. I met a woman who was also swimming at the same time, but she only wants to swim. I want someone to stand on the next treadmill. I am going to keep going and TRY to figure out when someone is there that might be good to work out beside.
    MotherAndMore

Answer by MotherAndMore at 10:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• thats a really good idea but im not good at meeting new people
    katkashka

Comment by katkashka (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Put out the word that you are looking for someone to work out with. You can also join spark people an online site that might have people in your state also looking for workout buddies
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Here's to you a cup of coffee. Just ask the person next to you on the treadmill to be your friend.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 11:16 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I have been thru the same thing, however I solved that problem easy. I simply just went and got a WII fit , and I think that is the best way for someone to work out if they are not able to find a work out buddy.
    lydiasmommy21

Answer by lydiasmommy21 at 11:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I had that problem at one time too. The main reason I didn't want to start working out alone is because I had no idea what I was doing! LOL. The gym that I went to offered free personal training and once I got comfortable I started going it alone a couple times a week. After awhile I started to notice that the same people were always in there at the same time as me and gradually I started to have conversations with some of them. I ended up making a few great friends out of it.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would suggest you look for an all women 's gym there is always newbies there and women who feel that's there time to get healthy but yet get there frustrations out and i just about guarantee you will find a new work out Buddie there .I know because i felt the same way for years and i now go to a all woman's gym and i love it and i have made some new friends who actually go through what i am going through....good luck but i would look and give it a try if you don't you will never achieve your goal it will always hold you back
    kimmy77

Answer by kimmy77 at 7:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'd rather work out at home, lol.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2011