Mom and dad are trying to figure who's right and who's wrong... anyone know the right answer???

My dad says you're supposed to hang the stocking facing *right*. My mom says you're supposed to face them to the left.

I've googled the tradition and keep coming up with no real answer. Does anyone know the supposed "correct direction" to hang a christmas stocking?

Skepticchick

Asked by Skepticchick at 10:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Holidays

• heel down?
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 10:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I have never known there to be a certain way it had to face. Interesting and kind of funny :)
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• your dad
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 10:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I had to get up & look at my hung stockings to see which direction the toe was hanging and mine are hung w/the toe facing right. I really don't think it matters as long as they are all hanging in the same direction.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 10:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I just hang them so the pretty picture is on the front! Seriously, can we bicker about anything more unimportant?
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I know... I didn't think there was a correct way either.. till my mom calls me... Sasha quick look this up. Your dad thinks he's right.... ( lol what's new hahahahaha)
    Skepticchick

Comment by Skepticchick (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i wanna add Left if it's a fireplace, and right if it's the wall
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 10:59 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would think that the toe to the right is "right." But for the sake of argument hang one each way. LOL!
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• every stocking ive ever seen has been hung up with the toe facing the right......
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My stockings have snowflakes embroidered on one side of them and the other side is plain. When I hang mine so the embroidery can be seen the toe faces right. So at my house right is right! Lol :)
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2010