What are your christmas eve............

What are your families Christmas eve traditions?

Skepticchick

Asked by Skepticchick at 10:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Holidays

• my family has always baked santas cookies so they are nice and fresh for him when he gets to our house,then we get out showers/baths,then time for PJ's,then all of us would listen to a story...one year it was "twas the night before christmas" then it was "how the grinch stole christmas".....it was always those 2 books.......then we would go to sleep and try to listen for bells,and other noises.......ive been doing the same tradition with my son...he loves it
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We make "Monkeys Bread " with the kids. Sing carols. Set out Santas snack. Read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" tuck kiddoes in. Shortly before going to bed ourselves we fill stockings and set up Santas things. The last thing we do is tie three ribbons across the hallway. Nobody down the Hallways without Mom and Dad up (you just can't get those expressions repeated).
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Making cookies and treats, spending time together
    hap2bmom

Answer by hap2bmom at 11:21 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I generally have to work so our festivities begin Christmas morning. We're very laid back and enjoy our time together.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We don't really have any anymore. It seems after the kids are grown and on their own, they are so busy, it's more of a stop in and say Hi and leave type thing!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Christmas Eve is a pretty big deal. It's the day we get together with all the extended family and open those gifts. We have a large meal and socialize. When we get home we put on our Xmas PJ's, set out Santa's cookies & milk, and we open one gift each.
    There is so much excitement on Christmas Eve that even I have trouble getting to sleep.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It varies from year to year, but we make sure to do a lot of cuddling, snuggling, and goody-eating before bed.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My Christmas tradition used to be to go to my dad's side of the family and have an awesome meal and exchange gifts between the kids. Since we've all had kids my Gram gave our kids p.j.'s every year, about 5 years ago we stopped having the kids exchange gifts. I can't remember when we started this but we started playing Bingo. Last year Gram put money in envelopes as the prizes and colored out the fronts so we could not tell the amounts. That was our last Christmas with her. Since I lost dad in 2008 and Gram in June this Christmas Eve I'll go to my mom and stepdad's house and celebrate with them. I will alway cherish the Christmas's I had with my dad and Gram though.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 9:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• we go to my dads and then if kids are still awake midnight mass, but it really starts at 9 and they get new jammies waiting for them when we get home.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We don't really have any, though the in laws are probably coming to visit.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2010