Parenting decision you regret?

I regret listening to people who said I needed to put my child in Mom's Day Out and preschool before age 4. It was a negative experience, stressful, and not necessary for her social development.

MotherAndMore

Asked by MotherAndMore at 11:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Letting a man who was not the biological father sign the birth certificate and giving the child his last name.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 11:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• So many regrets. I was just thinking about this earlier tonight. I wish that I had of stayed home with him for longer. I wished that I had of not put so much focus on my education and put the focus more on him. I have learned that now and I am trying to change a few things but isn't hindsight just great!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I regret not having my kids younger so I could have more.... at 42, with a 4 & 6 yr old, I just don't have it in me to have any more - although I want to!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I don't really have one yet, I gues...
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I regret letting my husband talk me into letting the kids have their own computers (NOT in their bedrooms). They are obsessed with playing games on them and now I have to fight with them every single day about the time limit that I have had to impose on them.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Many I'm sure. One is not being a stricter parent. My Mother loved to beat me w/a strap and I just couldn't do that, so I yelled. It didn't work, so I put it all on my S/O and to this day I feel so bad that I did that. It should have an equal parenting not a Dad parenting in discipline , my fault all the way.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• There have been times I have not listened to my mommy instincts. I have corrected that.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2010