best way to help baby fall asleep when fussy?

my little man get really fussy and starts rubbing his eyes and you can tell he is tired but when i try to rock him he just wants to sit up.. hes 7 months.

ohhowilovemyson

Asked by ohhowilovemyson at 11:01 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just leave him alone and he will fall asleep. mine did the same thing and would fight sleep if held or paid attention to.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 11:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Do you have a bedtime routine? If not, create one. Then he will know it is time to sleep and will go down much easier for you.
    Georgie_Peaches

Answer by Georgie_Peaches at 11:08 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• my dd did that and i have a great night time routine! we would just set her in the crib and she would cry for about 5min and fall asleep! if she cried longer than 5 min i would go get her and i would read and talk to her until she just gave up and fell asleep! when u rock him do u pat his back or rub his back? that helps my dd fall asleep! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• read a bed time book every night around the same time..they love looking at the pictures,and they will also know eventually that its about that time..for bed. we read to my 5 yr old and my almost 5 mnth old every night before bed.it is also very very good to begin reading to them early on
    babymamma123

Answer by babymamma123 at 12:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My 5 month old son is VERY fussy when he gets tired. I would just try a few different things and see what works. Put him in a warm blanket and leave him in his crib/sleeping place to fall asleep (with his pacifier if you use it). Or you can try rocking him and singing to him to calm him down. My baby loves being sung to it's like magic.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 3:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• thanks everyone :)
    I left him in his crib and closed the door, and he was asleep within 10 minutes ! yay !
    ohhowilovemyson

Comment by ohhowilovemyson (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i agree to walkintherain. does not matter how bad you sing. if you sing to a baby or child its like magick.
    2010mommy0914

Answer by 2010mommy0914 at 1:58 AM on Dec. 15, 2010