Why do you send out Christmas cards? I haven't even received my friends yet(its in the mail) and she wants it back?

I send xmas cards out to wish people a merry christmas and a happy new year-just let them know I'm thinking of them! I don't care what they do with my card either when they receive or it or after the holidays.
I told my good friend tonight that I display the xmas cards throughout the new year and then toss them. She said people spend way too much money on these cards to have the recipients tossing them so she told me when I get her card to bring it back to her. Including postage she spent 0.70. I talk to this friend everyday and know everything about her as she knows about me. Really? She wants her card back because I won't keep it for the rest of my life?? This isn't the first time she's been petty or has hurt me!
What do you think about this?

Aquarius80

Asked by Aquarius80 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'd say that's really odd! Not to mention, insulting. I would NEVER ask for a card to be returned to me! What someone does with it after they receive it is their business. This "friend" has issues.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• She has issues! Don't open the card and write “Return to sender" and put it back in the mailbox. I make cute bookmarks out of my Christmas cards.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• She sent it to YOU, so therefore when you receive it, it's YOURS. Do what you want to with it. Display and throw away, or give it back. Your decision. I def. wouldn't pay her for postage though....she sounds a little "off". I would never ask someone for the Christmas card OR postage money back....BEYOND TACKY!!!!
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Wow, that's just....wow. I donate our cards to the St. Jude's Ranch Recycle Card Program: http://www.stjudesranch.org/help_card.php

Maybe you could tell her that, after you thought about it, you've decided to donate your cards to them?
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Wow! Do as you normally would do and don't talk to her anymore. However, if you see her out in public don't be rude.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 11:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I like mom2aspclboy's answer. I NEVER keep cards! Ok, I have a handful I've hung onto through the years that were really meaningful, but my word, we westerners already have WAY too much crap in our lives! Not only do I not keep cards, I hardly ever SEND them! I know, horrible.... but really, if I have something really important to say to someone, I might give them a card, otherwise, it's too much work and expense. Anyway, most of the cards sent out in bulk are cheap, aren't they?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think she's being absolutely ridiculous.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:27 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I keep all the cards in an album from every year because I hate to toss them out. And it is fun to see how children change every year in the photos. However....I would never expect anyone to keep my cards, most people toss them after the holidays. I think it was a very big over reaction on her part. It really doesn't make much sense.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:38 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• She's nuts.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 11:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I agree with MOM2...tell her you will be donating the tons of cards you have after the holidays.........its a great thing to do! And for a good cause tell her!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 8:10 AM on Dec. 14, 2010