what is the nicest thing your son or daughter in law has done for you?

This question came to me as I was thinking about what to get my son in law for christmas....

As my daughter grew and started high school and got interested in boys I started to worry that she would end up with someone who wouldnt treat her right, but I am so happy she has found herself a wonderful man !

They started dating when she 17... he would come over to the house alot and we ( him, her me , my husband and sometimes my son ) would play cards or they would watch a movie or something, he was always very nice but I didnt see how nice he really was until the night I knew that he was the right one !....

My husband ( of 25 years ) and I were going through a hard time ( he was going through a selfish period) and I was feeling very badly... he and my daughter walked into the house as my husband and I were arguing , we stopped when they came in and my husband left... I sat on the couch and they sat with me... we sat quietly for a bit acting like we were just watching the tv.... when he stood up and said " I got paid today, how about the 3 of us go to dinner and to see a movie" .... I just thought that was so sweet, and we had a great time !

Even now after they have been married for almost 7 years he still has that same kindness and now he even calls me mom lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I love my daughter in law. She is good to my son and she makes sure he comes home to see us. They live 200 miles away...so every few months is the best we can do.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:19 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I'm done trying to do nice/considerate things for my MIL....Last Thanksgiving, her sister who lives in CA was coming home for the first time in MANY years and was going to spend the holiday with the family. Their mother (DH's G-ma) is still alive, but we're not sure how many holidays she has left. Well my DH's job requires him to travel often and when the kids and I can go with him, we do. Well she emailed asking if we were going to be at the Thanksgiving dinner. I told her "yes" because at the time I thought we were. I told her we would love to come and that I wanted to make it the best Thanksgiving Grandma had ever had since all 3 of her girls were FINALLY going to be together again..she mocked me for that. She called me "young and foolish" (which I still don't understand...I wanted HER mother to have a great holiday therefore I'm foolish???) But of course...leave it to her to turn something positive into something negative
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010