Any tips on inducing labor at home?

AngieD003

Asked by AngieD003 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Walk alot
    Have sex
    Do kegal Excercises
    I have heard a warm/hot shower will do it too...
    Anonymous

• Thank you. I'm trying all of those and lets hope it moves things along.
    AngieD003

Answer by AngieD003 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Nippel stimulation
    walk
    sex
    castor oil....check with doctor first on that though.
    if your body isnt ready it wont happen no matter what you do though.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Light exercise (can be walking, squatting, housework, organizing)
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• not only sex ... but the guy's semen on the cervix is suppose to help soften it up... also spicy stuff i've heard.. and everything else they've already said
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:16 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I ate spicy foods, bounced on a yoga ball, rocked in a rocking chair, took several walks, and had sex. My labor started with a gush and strong contractions that night, so I'm thinking something worked, but I don't know what.

However, I was already exhausted and sore by the time my water broke, so 19 hours later when my son was born, I barely even knew my own name. Next time, I'm going to rest while I can and let nature do it's own thing! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 8:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• This is what I did I was scheduled for a csection because they thought my baby was going to end up passing away inside of me, so they let me go home for a day and the next day I was sch. I drunk castrol oil mixed with kayro syrup (yeah thats disqusting and I only could get down a couple of swigs) I went on those vibrating foot machines in the mall and back massagers. I walked walmart for like 2 hours extra fast and walked the mall. Went home put a prime rose oil gel capsule up by my cervics had sex trying to get him to hit the near the cervics (lets just say painful) and then did the warm shower with water on your chest and nipple stimulation. Once your contractions kick in move to the opposite side while laying down every contraction did it for me. Good luck
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 2:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2008