What are some weight loss healthy breakfests?

I am the type of person that eats first thing in the morning. So what are some meals that I could eat before a workout that is filling besides whole wheat products/alternatives besides ww rice, bread, barely. I found that oatmeal is the only breakfest that keeps me feeling fuller longer. I ask this because apparenly eatting whole wheat foods are best to eat after a workout to lose weight.
Thanks,

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 11:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Do you like hard boiled eggs? A couple of those with a piece of fresh fruit and coffee or tea is a good start to the day.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 11:31 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I'm trying not to eat carbs. Fruits, smooties, veges..
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• low fat Eggo nutrigrain waffles with 2 tbs syrup. low fat yogurt and granola, steel cut oatmeal,egg white omlette with spinach and mushrooms,
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 1:53 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• when you work out you may not want something heavy on your stomach so i wouldn't suggest hard boiled eggs or heavy breads with syrups i would suggest maybe a light fluffy scrambled egg or 2 or /and a half cup of pineapple chunks or pears something like that if you get it out of the can get light syrup. i wouldn't eat or drink any dairy before work out it will curl in your stomach .and if you eat breads before your work out it will weigh you down and you wont have the engery to continue the work out.
    kimmy77

Answer by kimmy77 at 7:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• For breakfast you should have a mix of complex carbs and protein. Eating both instead of just protein will help your blood sugar stabilize and help limit cravings for stuff that can cause weight gain. For breakfast I have 1 of 2 things. Either egg whites with some red pepper, onion, spinach and mushrooms w/ a little cheese (like 1/2 oz) on 1/2 of a whole grain sandwich round (they are 100 calories, so half is only 50 calories) or steel cut oats w/ banana and a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter and a splash of almond milk. Eating carbs in the morning will not prevent you from losing weight, it can help as long as they're whole grains or found in fruits and veggies and not over processed junk.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• As a runner, I have to disagree with the notion that bread will slow you down on a workout. It does the opposite. Having carbs before a workout fuels you. Carbs is your what your body uses mainly for fuel which is stored in your muscles and liver as glycogen stores. If you don't eat enough carbs you will not have the energy to continue a hard workout. I notice a HUGE difference on my long runs when I add extra carbs for breakfast and when I don't - I can run 9 or 10 miles w/ an extra 100 calories of complex carbs whereas if I don't have those extra carbs, I start tiring at 6 or 7 miles.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Have you considered a meal replacement smoothie specifically formulated for weight loss? There are many, like shakeology (although a bit pricey). The one I have liked the most because it literally tastes like a birthday cake is the one by Visalus and it's pretty affordable. You can google visalus body by vi or you can visit my blog and watch a little video I recorded there bodybydesignchallenge.com I hope that helps. There are many options, just sharing what has worked for me and a handful of girlfriends. ;-) And yes, it is natural, healthy and good for you.

Aymee
    Crisbella

Answer by Crisbella at 11:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Toast (no butter), boiled egg or fruit, and yogurt
    HisCat

Answer by HisCat at 1:01 AM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yogurt and fruit.
    A smoothie.
    Veggie omlete.

Green Drink
    1 banana
    3 stems of fresh kale
    1/2 cup frozen mangos
    1 tbs ground flax seed
    3-4 cups water

blend kale, flax seed and water at high speed until liquified
    add banana and frozen mangos
    add more water until you get the consistancy you desire

www.welovejuiceplus.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 11:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Eggs, oatmeal, fruit, smoothies
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2011