Its such a BAD bill it gets a 83-15 vote, what does that tell you about YOUR party?

WASHINGTON – Far-reaching legislation to avert a Jan. 1 income-tax increase for millions won overwhelming support in a Senate test vote on Monday, propelled by an uneasy and unusual alliance between the White House and lawmakers in both parties.

Eager to trumpet the 83-15 vote, President Barack Obama said even before it was announced it proved "that both parties can in fact work together to grow our economy and look out for the American people."

Senate passage of the bill is expected as early as Tuesday, and in a brief appearance at the White House, Obama called on the House to follow suit quickly. He spoke amid indications that a revolt among House Democratic liberals was ebbing, further improving prospects for quick enactment.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Obama called on the House to follow suit quickly.

He tried to get Bill to call on them, but Bill said "your a big boy Obama, you will have to do it yourself this time".
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:39 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• and what does it say about YOUR party Carpy?

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Whose party?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:43 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Your own. I have seen BOTH parties talking about how horrible of a bill this is. So from YOUR perspective, what does that say about your affiliated party? The vote isn't even CLOSE. It must elicit some emotion from BOTH sides

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• What it says to me is I am glad they are not raising taxes on anyone and I am also glad that unemployment is being extended, as much as I hate that We are in this shape in this country but there are areas, especially in Michigan where even one opening flipping burgers gets three thousand apps. What do YOU want it to say to me? I am sure you can spin up something. What does it say about YOUR party?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• What do YOU want it to say to me?

I don't WANT it to say anything to you, if it is peaches N Cream to you, than say it...

but people on BOTH sides are calling it a horrible bill..and yet I hear no calls of THEY AREN'T listening to the people...

Nothing ...

Just more of THEM (politicians) doing whatever THEY want to placate their own temper tantrums

To me it says about MY party there are only a FEW willing to stand up and FIGHT for what they SAY and they are easily scared (of losing their JOB) so they vote what they THINK will help them at re-election time...and it pretty much says the same for the other party, to me

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Is Yahoo refusing to load for anyone else?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'm disappointed in both parties. I only asked that the benefits to be extended. I know too many people having a hard time financially with no jobs in sight. I don't think tax breaks will cure the economy but am glad we're not getting tax hikes either. I want both parties to focus on creating jobs and not on their next election. Not that it matters, everyone assumes what they want but I really do sit in the middle, I just have more in common with the dems. They aren't the party I want them to be but the republicans aren't either.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I don't understand why we're borrowing money to pay for the unemployment extension when we have the stimulus funds sitting around. I haven't read the full bill...so I can't really spout off much more than that. From what I understand some pork made it's way in, as well...
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:14 AM on Dec. 14, 2010