breaking my water

im waiting patiently for my water to break but my patience is getting very thin. im so tired of being pregnant. hubby isnt interested in sex at this point and its cold outside and ppl are crazy so walking around the mall isnt an option and so i walked up and down our apartment stairs until i was totally out of breath waited a few and then walked back and forth in the living room for a bit and all i did was wear myself out and bring on pressure. starting to feel like is this baby ever going to come and she isnt even overdue yet.

kewatson09

Asked by kewatson09 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well thats a very stupid and careless thing to do. what would u do if u decided to break ur water and then u got a horrible infection and ur baby died?
    my water didnt even break with my first and i had her at 38 wks your water doesnt have to break to go intolabor

with ny son it broke at 37 wks and i had no contactions for 5 hrs
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• First when are you due and second have you tried eating spicy foods? I heard that brings on labor.
    christina.1980

Answer by christina.1980 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• How many weeks are you? Do you have a breast pump? If you're not to 39 weeks yet, trying purposely to induce labor isn't a great idea. If you are, try using your breast pump - continuous nipple stimulation will cause the uterus to contract. If the roads are safe enough and you live in the mountains or have mountains within a couple hours of driving, try a change in elevation. Going up/down and back again can bring on labor because of the changes in elevation and air pressure.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• piwife, that was a pretty rude comment. i dont thikn she was trying to "make her baby die". she is just in the miserable stage of pregnancy and everyone has a different way of trying to bring on labor.
    To answer the origional question, my water did not break with all 3 of my kids, with my 2 month old, they broke my water just minutes before i started pushing. Maybe lots of hot baths and casual walking, not straining yourself. good luck.,
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 11:49 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i wasnt trying to purposely break my water because i know its not safe but im 2 days shy of being 40 weeks. friday morning i had contractions 2 mins apart but i was only 1 cm dilated and babys head is "floating" so they sent me home and said walk. then saturday i lost my mucos plug. i was tryin to be patient and let nature take its course but im having contrations off and on some painful and some not. at this point im pretty sure the doctors dont want to see me unless my water breaks so thats what im waiting for. i just read on a website the it could possibly be broken and just be a slow leak pretty much. i put on a panty liner because my panties have been wet a lot and i thought it was probably just discharge but this website said if it soaks easy then it could be amniotic fluid or if it has a musky odor that it could be amniotic fluid. anyone know?
    kewatson09

Comment by kewatson09 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Not everybody's water breaks before going into labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'm guessing this is your first child...bless your heart.I wasn't lucky enough that my water broke on it's own they had to break it when I went to the hospital in labor.Walking is supposed to help make your labor easier,so I would continue walking.
    fancinanni

Answer by fancinanni at 12:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i forced my hubby to have sex with me! i was as big as a whale and i walked up to him and said u are going to have sex with me everyday until i get this baby out me and if u wont do it i will find someone that will!!! well to say the least he did have sex with me everyday for a week and my water broke (i know im one of the few) at 4 am on valentines day! but i didnt start having contractions until about 8am ish! so keep walking but not too much! the stairs are not a good idea! just walk in the living room! i would still work on the sex thing tho! it doesnt have to be good sex! lol! good luck i hope the baby comes soon! oh and btw i went into labor a week early!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Put some EPO capsules on your cervix tonight and google Scalini's Eggplant Parmesean.

Also try deep squatting.

Oh and FYI...your water doesn't HAVE to break before you are in labor. In fact MOST women do not have their membranes rupture until well into labor and some women's never ruptures. It's considered good luck if your baby is born in the sack. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'm guessing this is your first?
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2010