white sandy poop? Help!

my almost 2 yr olds poop has been very light colored almost white and literally has a sandy texture to it. Its been like this for about a week now. I also noticed her belly has been full lately almost looks like she ate a big meal, but she didnt. She also does eat alot...almost as though shes always hungry ...shed eat all day if i allowed her. Shes in normal percentage for weight & i dnt let her eat 24/7...any input on any ot this? Im thinking about making her a drs apt

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You def. should make a Dr's appt. The distended belly is a clue there may be something else going on. Better safe than sorry.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:58 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Has she been eating a bunch of cereal like Cheerios?

My kids have all had the sandy light colored poop and it seems like it was always when they were eating a lot of dry type cereal. My kids are all fine and have never had issues other than the weird poop.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• nope she hasnt eaten anything like that. Ive racker my brain trying to think of food that would do this and cant. Her poop is creamy but ALLLL OF IT is sandy. Today she took her diaper off when it had poop & i had to give her a bath when i washed her bum i could feel the poop and it felt like i picked up a fistful of sand at a playground
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would at least call the doctors office and tell them, see what they say. There might be some underlying issues.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• For sure call your peds office....
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 12:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Get to the ped's office.... I can't remember what it could be a symptom of... mommy brain, sorry. But yes, head to the doctor to get it checked out!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 7:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010