How to exercise with Toddler?

I know it's much much latar after my pregancy. My daughter is 18 months now.
Anyways I would like to lose weight and get fit. I want more energy just in general and to feel good about my body. How I am to exercise when I am a stay at mom. I get busy with other things like cooking, cleaning/chores and spending time with my fiance. Sometimes I walk with my baby girl. However some days are so cold since it's winter. Thanks a bunch,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Do workout videos when she is napping. Dance with her, pick her up and twirl her around. Run around with her. Take her out sledding if you live in an area with snow-hiking up the hill 100x will be a great workout. Scrub the shower daily:)
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I do workout videos (I love Jillian Michaels) WITH DS, who is 2. He gets excited, and keeps saying, "Excising, excising!" (intentionally misspelled) while we do the workout. He gets distracted, of course, and starts playing with his toys. I also have a good jogger, so I go jogging with him on safe trails. Take her to the park, and play ball, and RUN! Make it fun! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Good luck, mama! I'm in the process of losing weight (took me until a few months ago to get serious, so I totally understand where you're coming from), and I've lost 35 lbs so far!!  My success has been through exercise and clean eating (see this journal to read what that is, if you don't know).

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• When my daughter was younger i would put some up beat music on and dance with her and just that alone would burn calories and make you sweat... and if your not holding her and dancing try holding something with a little weight.
    kimmy77

Answer by kimmy77 at 7:32 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I set a time every morning to do my workout, like 9am. I do 45 minutes. My 28 month old son plays with toys or does things with me, then Itake the rest of the day to do what needs done, in time to spend time w/ dh when he gets home from work at 6
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2011

• take advantage while she naps, it's the best way. you can also use her as weights =-)
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 7:39 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• buy a DVD and have her do it w/ you.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:36 PM on Jan. 9, 2011