Everytime I see my parents (which is everyday I live on the 2nd floor) they always have something to say about my boys

today my 3 year old was eating a slice of bread & my father was saying "you have to teach him how to eat bread not all sloppy .....I said HE's 3! leave him alone then he was going on about how he should be potty trained by now....This really pissed me off, & told him to stop critizing me....IDK if I should just ignore this hes 74 but when does it end? & I cant afford to move I pay pretty cheap rent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My MIL and FIL CAN'T stop. They even get mad, leave, and come back saying "We know you don't want to hear us..."
    Once my MIL said "Well, I guess I will just not say anything since you don't want to hear it!" I said "Thanks, we appreciate you finally understanding."
    MotherAndMore

Answer by MotherAndMore at 6:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Tell him he had his chance at raising kids and now it's your turn and you do respect his advise but you'll like to do this on your own in your own ways.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My mom used to nag at me about everything. I finally said something along the lines of "If I remember correctly I pushed her out of my vagina therefore, I get to tell her what to do." May be a little blunt for some people but she doesn't say anything any more.
    My dad on the other hand is a big ol' a--hole and is a child rearing expert (HEAVY on the sarcasm). When he says something about my kids, I like to point out what a wonderful job he did of raising my brother. (He who is 27, lives at home and hasn't had a job in 10 years.)
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 12:21 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• amen to wat dmdblleb8 said!!! my mom thinks im crazy for doing anything different than what she did when she had kids! ITS BEEN 18 YEARS THINGS CHANGE!!!!! i ended up telling her that she is my daughter and i will do as i please so butt out!! i also live with my parents so i know how u feel!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think you have to let it go. He is old and thinking of they way things were down when he was kid. Now things are so different and he might not understand that. Everyone has to do what they think is best for their children and your parents aren't always going to agree. Since you have to stay there I would just go wtih it and maybe just ignore it, I mean like don't respond to anything he says,

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2010