Grandpa doesn't like being called Grandpa!! Is she in it for the money?

So my BIL's wife has two kids with different dads, and separate families. These kids are 18 and 15 years old. She had them calling BIL daddy within weeks of dating and when they came to visit, started calling my FIL Grandpa. FIL isn't comfortable with this. He doesn't know these kids, nor does he care for them(lazy, entitled, rude). So Grandpa is writing out his will and BIL's wife thinks his "grandchildren" should be in it. BIL never adopted them, and the kids have dads and don't feel for him as their dad, and have other family...Is it just me or is something wrong with this picture? My FIL has no desire for these children. I'm wondering where it was her business where FIL puts his money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• She sounds like an entitled rude b*tch to me. If they havent even been formally adopted, he doesnt knoe them, let alone LIKE them, why WOULD they be in his will? She needs a slap to the face, and needs to stop trying to get all that she can. Its HIS money, he should do whatever he wants with it.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• It is Not her Business! Tell Grandpa to Leave them Out of the Will & Not to Worry about it!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• They're technically not his grandkids, and if he doesn't want to be called Grandpa and doesn't want to put them in his will, I say "Go, FIL!" Especially because of the children's age. They're a bit old to put a claim on someone who's not related.
    Gemska

Answer by Gemska at 7:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• That's why my mother just left to the four children she had. It was up to each of them to disburse as they saw fit for the grandchildren. It wasn't that she didn't love her grandchildren, that's just the way it has been in our family for generations. She has a lot of nerve,expecting any part of your fil inheritance that he is leaving. My mom left it to her kids specifically, the inlaws weren't part of anything. Even though my brother has been married 20+ years, my sister has been married 15 years, and my other brother is married to his true love for 13 years. It doesn't matter. She sounds like a greedy, pushy bitch, and I hope you have the opportunity to put her in her place about this matter. It's nobody's business what or who he's leaving his money to, and it shouldn't even be discussed until the time comes to read the will.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:40 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Sometimes money can be the root of all evil. Stay happy with your choices.....let go of others.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 5:18 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My SIL tried to make her parents put her deadbeat, abusive husband into their will. They made it clear he would never be in the will.
    And those kids should NOT be in the will. If I were Grandpa, I would have said "No, call me Mr. whatever."
    MotherAndMore

Answer by MotherAndMore at 6:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• "It's sad that FIL g doesn't want to acknowledge the kids as his grandkids...but whatever. I wouldn't want my kids to have anything to do with his money."

You need to go back and read the question again. These kids are NOT his grandkids!! The OP made that abundantly clear. Before you answer someones question - READ it in it's entirety and THEN try to answer it.....maybe then you won't look like a jackass.

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

The actual saying is:

"For the LOVE of money is the root of all kinds of evil...." ~I Timothy 6:10

Note: I emphasized LOVE. It's not that money all in it's self is evil - it's the love, craving, the uncontrolable NEED to have it that is the root of "all kinds of evil". 

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You know what, mommy of 2? Before you go shooting your bitchy mouth off, I'll have you know, that he is not doing well and WE are the ones taking care of him, and it's not easy, changing him when he wets himself, making sure he eats, and doesn't fall more than once a week while taking care of 4 kids and working.He asked US to find a lawyer for the will, and my husband was granted power of attorney 25 years ago. So yes, it is our business. He's not liking it, we are stepping in. So STFU.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I agree with mommy of two388....
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2010