two year old over weight????

My dr told me to watch my dd becasue shes at the 90% for her weight,and 30th for her hight. I never thought she was over weight she always seemd soild to me, how am I suppose to watch a toddlers weight when she eats pretty healthy to begine with and is very active. Everyones always telling me how small she is, and shes still in 18 month clothing. Apparently they want to see ribs or somthing on the babies.

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• your doc. says she is up to the 90% for her weight? and she is still wearing 18mon. clothes?? how is that possible? do you have a picture. b.c honestly that doesn't seem right at all . i am sorry that your doct. said that t you.
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 9:08 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• if she is in the 90% and eating healthy that is fine. don't worry too much. just keep giving her healthy food and dr. don;t know everything. just keep her active and eating good food and that is all that matters.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:38 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Also, is there a way to check her body fat percentage? Just because somebody might weight a lot doesn't necessarily mean they're fat. Muscle weighs more than fat and if she seems 'solid' , she may just have more muscle mass than the 'average' kid. Who knows.
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 9:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• There is nothing to worry about if she eats healthy and is active.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Has she always been on that curve? Or did her weight suddenly jump and her height didnt? IF he said to watch just watch what she eats and make sure you offer healthy snacks. Dont offer juice but offer water instead. How much does she weigh? I have a 26 lb 18 month old...
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 12:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• How much does she weigh? My son is 4.5 years old and 38lbs. He is also 45 inches tall.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010