Ovulation and pregnancy?

So my husband and I decided to ttc #2 in November! I went and bought a bunch of OPK stuff... I started my last period November 17th somtime in the middle of the night, or November 18th early morning... I started using the OPK on November 27th, and took one everyday until December 5th or 6th, which is when I believe I finally got a good positive.... My period is due to start around December 15th which is in a day or two... I would like to know when I should take a pregnancy test or when the blood work would show pregnancy hormones... I took a First Response Early Result (6 days sooner) test and it came back negative today... Im wondering if my period is just going to be late this month or what? Im still a little confused about this whole ttc, since with my first, it was unplanned and only took once to get pregnant!lol!

Saralanden

Asked by Saralanden at 12:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• HPT's measure HcG. Sometimes it can take a little while to produce enough HcG to make a test positive. Wait until you are a few days late. If it's negative and your period hasn't started, wait a few more days. With my first (miscarried) pregnancy, I didn't test until I was a week late, and it was immediately positive. Second I tested a day before my period was due and got a faint positive, a little stronger the next day....miscarried very early on though. Third I never tested, but my fourth (and finally successful) pregnancy, I tested when I was 3 days late and it was negative as negative can be. At a week late, it was clearly positive.
    You're off to a good start with OPKs, but try charting as well. www.fertilityfriend.com will tell you everything you need to know, if you didn't get pregnant this time around. Good luck!!!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:16 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Wait until you miss your period. If it's not positive then (sometimes cycles can change) wait a week and if you still haven't started test again.

I would suggest getting the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility and learn to chart. OPKs can be quite inaccurate.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2010