SAHM ONLY ANSWER IF UR DH DOES THIS!

does ur husband tell u since he works its his money and he can do whatever he wants with it? and says "well i pay the bills and this is my house. you dont do anything i am the one that works!!" like we have no say so to the money! did it stop or did u do something about it. im ready to straighten him out rite now i am so mad i aint one to play with aint no push over either lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband tried that...I told him..."Okay then it's MY vagina and your not getting any!" He changed his mind after that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Maybe you can tell him "Fine, I'm getting a job then. And I'm putting our kids in daycare. I'm gonna let some stranger watch them so I can make some money so I can have some say in this house!"

That's what I plan to tell my hubby if he ever says something like that to me.
    Anonymous

• yeah my DH did and he out the door now, he even tried doing what i do all day and he couldn't i came home to a messy house and cranky kids.....i got tired of him acting like what i do isnt work, my house is always clean, food is always fixed, and kids are always clean and taken care of....
    Anonymous

• I'll answer from my point of view. I was the one making all of the money, my husband was a stay at home dad. I used to be how you described yours(not as bad), and I was always like, I get to make the money decisions. It took a lot of time for me to stop having that attitude (almost a year). My husband was pretty understanding that I had issues with letting go of the money thing, and was very patient. I would definitely start straightening him out. It will take time, but he needs to learn that the two of you are a team (sometime I had trouble with).
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• he can't go to work if you dont stay home with the kids, therefore he needs to pay you for childcare.
    that said, no marriage should be conducted this way. you are a single unit comprised of 2 parts. the money that comes into the household belongs to the household, of which you are an equally integral part of. I can't imagine any real man behaving so childishly.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My DH was the same but when I went back to work things changed. First I got a job in a different city so gas was a killer with my type of vehicle. Then I found sitter who was great but no where near our home plus we were paying her $164 a week. Than just think of the unexpected, his car breaks down and were going to Norfolk, Va beach, Chesapeake because I also was taking a few classes and Suffolk. He shutup starting complaining about gas and care costs, I graduated, SAHM now because he still needs my car(new engines aren't cheap) and no sitter needed which also means I don't really use any gas. We saved and he (its funny) takes counseling because he says he can't handle the stress of our 2yr old. Make your husband learn his lesson about talking down to you.
    Anonymous

• Ummmm..... NO! He wouldn't dare! I could very easily "not work", but he would be very unhappy!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• ok your house than clean it cook your self dinner he will get the hint

Anonymous

• No, that has never happened. I'm currently a SAHM and he works outside the home but I manage the money. It's OUR money, regardless of who makes it. He wouldn't be able to work if I didn't do what I do at home and I couldn't stay at home if he didn't work.

If he ever took that attitude with me, I'd do what the first anon post says . . . get a job myself and see how quickly he would change his tune.
    Anonymous

• OMG, that sounds just like my ex. I was a SAHM with my first marriage, and that was a disaster. I'd better stay out of this one. He and my ex could be twins, and that's not a good thing.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 7, 2008