What kind of studies do you plan to do with your kids to keep them up to date for school?

So when school comes around they won't be so shocked...OH NO BACK TO THIS ugh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yeah... this was more or less why we chose homeschooling... the learning was all just part of life, so there was never that sense that 'now is not for learning' or 'now you have to learn this'...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We try to turn any event or trip into a learning experience (my son goes to public school) My oldest did school work ( not a lot) on school vacationsSometimes the best learning happens when the kids don't even realize it. What we teach our kids may not be school work or book work but it still is learning and keeps them plugged in
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Nothing, it is his VACATION. He does enough work and studying the rest of the school year, he can take a break for 10 days. He will be going to tutoring 2 hours a week, so that is what he will be doing. It will be my break too, so I am not doing any studying, my brain is fried as it is...I need a break too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Nothing, I think that the kids need a vacation. They work hard enough while they are in school and i just want them to be kids when they are on vacation. I think they need the down time to regroup and to have some fun.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010