Would you have picked it up?

My kids and I were driving home so we went through a quiet neighborhood and as I was driving I noticed this little black and white thing on the road I stopped and got close to it and it turned out to be a stuffed animal a little cow to be exact. My dd wanted to take it home but I told her no bc we don't know who it belonged to and it may have lots of germs she insisted I told her NO I mean this toy looked ok I just didn't want her to think it was ok to pick up anything she finds along the way (she is 7) anyway I told her let lots of days go by and IF it is still there after christmas (lol) we will come back and get it...yeah right.
and that was that. What would you have done?...really

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pets

• I wouldn't have picked it up either. You don't know where it's been or who left it there, whether it was on purpose or on accident....too many weird things could happen, no way I'd just pick up a random stuffed animal off the road.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:18 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• the same thing. kids around where i live leave toys out all the time. she wont remember about it after all her Christmas gifts and if she does well not sure what to tell ya. good luck.
    mamajennie31010

Answer by mamajennie31010 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• No, what if some kid dropped it and they came back to look for it later on? I would feel really bad thinking about that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would have done the same thing.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• The same as you did, no way would I pick something up off the ground and let my kids play with it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Better to teach them to leave it on the ground for many reasons.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would not have picked it up either. Chances are she will forget about it really soon. If not, then you gave yourself an out by saying you could go back after Christmas! BTW, I think that was a brilliant idea to say that!
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 5:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would have picked it up, washed it, and put out an ad in the paper mentioning that a lost cow was found.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i woulda done the same thing...ewww ya just never know!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010