How do you recover and rediscover yourself after a bad marriage?

I finally leaving controlling emotional abusive dh. I really don't have anyone I would call a real friend. I was on FB and everyone post pics of there lives with there friends and family. If you look at my pics and post you won't see anyfriends or family.(except for my children) The only one I really call or calls me is my aunt. I talk to her about twice a week. I've been with my dh for 11yrs since, I was a teenager. I've lost touch or grown apart from all my friends. It's been 6yrs since I've had a girlfriend I would sometimes do things with. My dh isolated me from everyone. How do I recover my life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• i want u to be stronge and u should be happey that u not letting anybody hurt u{ be strong plzz
    lelly24

Answer by lelly24 at 1:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• we could be frinds, if u want. dont give up and be stronge
    lelly24

Answer by lelly24 at 1:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I am the same way, no real friends and heck I can't really even tell things I like to do or I want to do anymore gonna try to find me tho and want to make new good friends along the way...good luck to you hope you find your happiness
    firechickk

Answer by firechickk at 1:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I moved across the country after divorcing 1st husband. I knew one person in real life who was there. I went to a counselor and I tried to go to church to find friends. It is hard, but keep reaching out. Keep living. You will have to get a job and you will meet people there.
    Divorce Care is a great program though avoid the men as you do not need to date even for at least a year or two. You need time for you.
    and don't get pregnant during this time.
    MotherAndMore

Answer by MotherAndMore at 6:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• focus on you for the next year and make yourself go out to church, school meeting, volunteer in the community and friends with natural come out of doing things out of your comfort zone......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Hi how are u Anonymous ?
    lelly24

Answer by lelly24 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• how many kides u have? and what is their ages?
    lelly24

Answer by lelly24 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• wow... I must say that like you, I'm in the same situation... Been seperated for some time after living in a long and loveless n abusive marraige... the first thing to do is " TAKE A DAY AT A TIME " n keep busy .... as for making friends, start with some of your childrens friends parents, as i did, they can be of good support at times... n of course make some new friends on sites like this one....
    littledonna321

Answer by littledonna321 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I am on the path of rediscovery right now! I spent five years with my abuser and sometimes wish I had left when I still felt like "me." I just wanted you to know you aren't alone.
    mommommamommyyy

Answer by mommommamommyyy at 6:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2010