ok dont know what to do?

I babysat my friends baby he is 6 months today. Well the whole time my dd was standing next to me extremely jealous and if he tried to touch her she would try to hit hI'm. I was holding him so i moved out of the way before she could. But this just makes me nervous on what she will be like after the baby comes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get her to stop hitting and to work with her on being so jealous. I have tried everything i could think of I'm not sure what to do. Thank you

kara3

Asked by kara3 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is your DD? Some kids go through a jealous phase but she should get disciplined for trying to hit an infant after trying to sit her down and talk with her about it - is there a way you could make her your little helper with the baby ? or reassure her that the age she's at is SO much easier than an infant stage- that's what worked with my niece when my son came around -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My oldest two are a year and a half apart. When the second was born I had him do things like getting me a diaper and always made a big deal out of what a great helper he was. Also I would get her a baby doll with diapers/stroller etcetera.
    fentrio

Answer by fentrio at 10:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I can tell you this. My DD is almost 2 and I was so worried about how she was going to treat her niece once she was born. She seems to be jealous often over anyone that wants my attention. However, LIly was born Sept 23 and my DD has been nothing but great with her and loves her. I think they know when you are preggo and they know that is part of their family. It should be okay, don't have added stress to your pregnancy Mamma! P.S. Do you tell her there is a baby in there and have her kiss your belly now? Might help!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:09 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Here's an idea, you can take it or leave it. Play house with one of her babies. Hold it and say oh look at my baby. Look how big you are compared to her. Aren't you big. Wow. Can you get me a diaper so I can change the baby. Would you like to feed the baby? Give her a play bottle to hold it. Make her feel very important! She'll do ok because if you make her feel like it's HER baby too, and that she's sooooo important being the big sister, I think it might be easier for her. Don't worry. She will get used to it.
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 9:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008