Have you ever felt like just walking away from your life and never looking back?

I was talking to a friend the other day and she made a comment that some days she wants to just walk away from her life and her family. I asked if she was joking and she's like "oh, no I could do it in a heart beat". When she saw the look on my face she said "don't look so surprised, every one feels like that sometimes". No they don't, do they? I have never felt like that and I don't think I even know anyone else who feels like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I honestly have never felt that way. I adore my boys and husband so much that I could never abandon them, but I have an amazing husband and great kiddos.

I have felt like I could really use someone to watch my boys for a day so I can take a bath, eat lunch, and have a nap... haha But that is way different then just up and leaving that is just taking an 8 hr break for my hygiene and sanity needs. LOL
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Hell yes! I've thought that often.......though I would take my son with me, it's the rest of my life WE could leave behind without a second thought sometimes, and I swear, if I had the money I would do it!
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 2:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I've felt like that quite a bit, but it never actually lasts long. A few moments here and there. I could never just pick up and leave my daughter though.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I love my 5 children more then anything on this earth and no i could never really do it but some days yes I think I want to get in my car and just drive to where ever I end up...then on the good days I wonder how I could ever feel that way...
    firechickk

Answer by firechickk at 2:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have felt like that. I never tried and if I ever had the chance to I dont think I would do it. No matter what, I love my dbf & children too much.
    thtqrljess07

Answer by thtqrljess07 at 2:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If I could separate my children, Sweetheart and dog from the rest of my life and take them with me, then heck yeah, I'd walk away! No, wait, actually I'd RUN!!! And never look back! (but you'd have to understand where I've been and where I'm at now to really get it)
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 3:01 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• YES YES YES...If i could take my daughter and RUN i would in a heart beat. If i had the money i would have already and you all have to understand my husband is a lazy man. He doesnt work and doesnt help with our daughter or HIS son yes not mine his. I lost my job and about to lose my unemployment and his butt is still LAZY so YES YES YES I WOULD RUN with my daughter only
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 3:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yes mrs. norris it's true. if -if- if- if , we had $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Almost all ladies with lazy husbands would do this. Some have already. Sometimes it's just a whole bunch less traumatizing to just stay, considering the world as hell bent on putting down women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have felt like that a time or two but I could never actually do it.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 2:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Sometimes when life gets overwhelming the thought is there. It is not something I would ever do and when I feel that way I know I need to take a moment for myself. I love being a SAHM although there are times when the demands of everything do get to me and I need a break I remember one day being really stressed and going Strawberry picking by myself. The windows were down, the radio was up and I thought it would be so easy to just keep going. For that one moment I didn't have all the cares and responsibilities that I normally do and it felt nice. Then I thought about my kids and my husband and I just went Strawberry picking and went home.

Also for me I have found wonderful friends that make my life even better then it was before and I would never walk away from any of it now. I am older, wiser, and love my life.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2010