emergency hair crisis

Ok so I was told a month or two after delivery I would lose hair well its past the two months and my hair is still falling out its driving everyone including me that my hair ends up everywhere even though my hormones are back in order it still falls out more than it should have any of you other mom's had this problem and if so what did you do for it to stop

lonemom1987

Asked by lonemom1987 at 2:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Health

• if your doctor has not done it yet request that you have a T.H.S. test, Thyroid hormone secrection asap
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 3:01 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My hair is still falling out and my children are 13, 11, and 9. I have long, really thick hair though so I am used to it falling out. It would fall out before I had kids although now it falls out even more. Sorry I can't help because I have just been living with it.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:36 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Actually you can lose your hair up to a year after the birth of a child. However, once it hits the 6 month mark you can start discussing it with your doctor. My husband had the same thing happen after a severe illness and we learned that your hair falls out because it actually stopped growing months ago but it can take months for it to finally fall out.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:26 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Could also be from stress instead of just from having the baby. Just a thought.
    megamamaw

Answer by megamamaw at 8:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I hope it stops falling out I don't want to be bald at 23
    lonemom1987

Comment by lonemom1987 (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Have you had your thyroid checked after delivery some women have issues with low thyroid - may be the cause of the continued hair loss.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 9:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Nope lost my medical insurance and food stamps after it became more than just me meaning after it became me my son and his dad
    lonemom1987

Comment by lonemom1987 (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2010