How to deal with blackheads and oily skin?

I have oily skin, think I have combo skin. Its more oily on the nose, forehead and chin. Also I have alot of blackheads on my nose, cheeks, chin too. I heard that using a cleanser with saliyic something is good for that. However the cleanser i have also has some type of alcohol in it. Which apparenly is not good for oily skin. What are some afforable good tips for my skin and to reduce blackheads?

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 3:40 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i have the same type of skin as you along with blackheads. My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil face wash, I love it, i also use the moisturizer. As for the blackheads, I used Biore nose strips and it removes my blackheads.
    KateMc

Answer by KateMc at 9:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Jordan Essentials Oatmeal Milk & Honey face bar. Follow with petroleum free Shea Body butter to heal & moisturize. The problem with OTC acne products is that they over dry the skin causing an over production of oil leading to more breakouts & black heads. 

Jordan Essentials contains NO harsh chemicals. Products are botanical based. These are the only products that healed my acne.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• The Zap-it! Acne Defense System is wonderful - both my teen girls use it and love it! It is a 4 step system that cleanses your skin day and night. It prevents future acne breakouts, it costs $22.95 less than the Proactiv 3 piece system and it uses salicylic acid to fight and prevent acne. Please contact me if you would like more information. It comes with a 100% satisfaction, money back guarantee too!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I like the Jordan Essentials option from a previous poster.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2010