Do you run the house? (for married moms)

Are you in control?

Is it your way or the highway?

Is that mentality okay with the other adult in your house? Or does he pay lip service only letting you think you are when you're around?

Controlling usually breeds secrecy and descretion, which is usually the opposite of what the controller wants. Why is it so bad to have a compromise? What is the DHs incentive to remain in that kind of environment? Do the wives like this even realize it?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 5:36 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I think me and hubby are pretty equal in control. He lets me make allot of decisions and such but we always talk about everything and take the others feeling or opinions well
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 6:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My husband and I each handle the things we're best at. I do all the bills and budgeting, get the kids ready in the morning and supervise the kids when they're cleaning their rooms, give baths and clean one bathroom. My husband does the grocery shopping and does all the laundry, vacuums and cleans the other bathroom. We plan meals and do big cleaning projects together.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Oh how I miss being in control with the my way or highway attitude of my dating days.
    My husband refuses to go along with this. In fact, he insists on doing the bills together and making decisions together. He wants to talk things out and think about it before making a decision.
    It was so much easier on me when I was the boss.

And I am only halfkidding.
    MotherAndMore

Answer by MotherAndMore at 5:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My XDH was the controlling type. Which is why he is the XDH. Current DH and I compromise when we disagree. I'm so much happier now.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:29 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'd say in my house we both 'rule the roost' there is no 1 person in charge.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:50 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Im head honcho...lol I pay the bills, I take care of the kids and the majority of the house....heck why am I married?!?!? :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:08 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I am in charge of the home to the extent of making sure it is run effectively - bills paid, food in the fridge on and on the table, clean laundry, kids educated. Hubby works hard to provide for our family's needs financially and I work hard to provide for our family's comfort and well being. As for major decisions we make the together as a team.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:53 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• We're an equal partnership. I take care of the child and keep the home clean, but he's in charge of the money and bills, etc. We discuss everything over together and make decisions as a couple. There are a couple of things that I have put my foot down on, like my son having nothing to do with the girl my BIL is dating/engaged to (long story involving her harassing our cousins (our best friends), and them having to get a restraining order) and his needing to respect that I won't have anything to do with her either, but most of the time we decide things together (though he does understand and respect my decision regarding the girl).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Our household is different in a way. He takes care of everything - paying bills, issues with the house, taxes, etc. But if I really want something done differently or than expected, all I have to do is ask and I get it. No one is really controlling and we are equal partners in all the big decisions.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• It's more equal LOL
    fairygurl91787

Answer by fairygurl91787 at 1:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2010