My 4yrs old Cousin Is a Liar and acts asthough she is lost

my 4yr old cuzin i asked her how old she was she said 4. 10 mins later I asked her and she stated She was going to kill a cop and get away with it. than stated my eyes were blue (there not) than stated she was 1 and than stated she wanted to go to my mothers house. She lies about the same thing everyday i ask her if she took a shower she says yes and will say yes 100x and i will tell her i just spoke to mommy an mommy said u didnot shower she says no after i tell her i no the truth but than sometimes she will lie and say she cant find her toothbrush when its in the same spot it always is and than she will lie and say she cant take her clothes off or if i ask her if she hit my youngest daughter she will say no when she was the only one playing with her. i mean the list goes on and on and when i approach her mother about the situation she says she has the same problem with her lying but just laughs it off. I dnt want my cousin growing up thinking its ok to act like this in public she has even went to the extent of telling my sisters bf that i hit her in the mouth when she wasnt at my house for 2days and there wasnt a single mark on her lips it worries me that she will tell the wrong person and i could lose my kids if she tells ppl im hitting her in the mouth or that she will kill a cop. not to mention her mother thinks that its funny that her 4yr olds fav. movie is "orphan" i didnt even watch that movie y is a 4yr old watchn it? I just am not sure how to go about this problem because not only is she lying she always acts as though she doesn't understand when I no she does we have the same routine for 2months 1 day she will do the routine with out saying a word the next day she cries and acts like she doesn't no whats going on. 1 minute she can close the door the next minute she doesn't no what a door is her mother has taken her to speech therapy they say she is smart and plays dumb because she is lazy but I don't believe it. She understands me completely we do the same thing every single day there is no way that she is just lazy because I make sure she does everything on her own even if it takes her 30minutes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She's 4, it is a very difficult age to deal with. Being defiant, stubborn and testing the limits is completely normal at that age. She is pretending to not understand you because she knows it annoys you and she feels she is winning the battle of the wills when she does this to you. I am going through this right now with my 4 yr old DD, it isn't fun, but it is normal behavior that comes with this age.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I do not understand why you are having so much contact with her. I do not feel that you are good for her. And she is not good for you. It is time that you removed yourself from the situation. Allow her mother to deal with her daughter. Your continual conflict and confrontation is not appropriate and helpful.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Why do you keep asking the same questions over and over...she's probably making up answers to get you off her back. Leave the parenting to her mom and quit harassing the child.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I dont change my facial expression or my body position or my voice tone i ask her the same question the same way over and over and give her hints and even tell her where to go to find the answer and she even tells me after 5 minutes the right answer but than she sometimes will stare into space or blurt out silly things or even pee on her self just so that she can get out of the question
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• its kinda obvious ur not understanding I watch her monday threw friday and i have 2 of my own kids an i treat them all the same its hard to understand y i wouldnt be concered if im the primary person in her life and i want the best for her and leaving her alone is what everyone else does and thats why she is comprehending anything! she needs attention and if i give it only to my kids and she isnt gettn it at home and no where else WOULD SHE GET THE ATTENTION FROM ? thanks for the negative information i didnt ask "what u think" i want to no what ways of helping her and i asked her the same question to understand what she was thinking or thought of when i asked her!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2010