Working out cause increased appetite. Help.

As a teen training for a beauty pageant, I noticed working out leaves me feeling hungry and starving. I once left a two hour workout and ate 12 donuts. As a fat adult, I still feel really famished after working out for an hour. Is this normal? Any way to combat it? I can't really eat a meal before working out due to nausea.

MotherAndMore

Asked by MotherAndMore at 6:44 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• yes u need more protein
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yep, eat within 2 hrs of working out to give you energy. Make sure there are some complex carbs in there to give you energy. Eat some protein w/ complex carbs within an hour of working out. Pita chips w/ hummus, greek yogurt w/ berries, low fat cheese w/ some whole grain crackers. Make sure you're eating small meals throughout the day to help stabilize your blood sugar levels and stay away from simple carbs and sugar which makes you hungrier and crave more junk.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• you need to eat things with more protein to keep you full longer
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yes it is very normal to feel starved because when you are working out you are burning more calories than your body id used to burning i workout 3 times a week and walk 6 miles a day and i would suggest that while your working out drink lots of water that will keep hydrated a long with making you feel full then when your done exercising eat a bowl of special K or some healthy fruit just dnt stuff your self because then you will have added half if not most of the calories back.
    kimmy77

Answer by kimmy77 at 7:23 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• my son works out all the time and then hits the frige or should i say sits in the frige and eats none stop
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 7:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2010