i have had a kidney transplant and i'm on antirejection medicans can i consive without complications?

bertha112

Asked by bertha112 at 6:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I believe you can but you need to be seen by a high risk pregnancy doctor, I would make an appointment with this type of specialist before I tried to conceive.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Wouldn't you want to wait to make sure your body accepts your kidney first? or how long ago did you have the transplant? I'm assuming if you're on antirejection medication that it was still fairly recent? although I don't really know...i've never gone through....

I wish you the best of luck on everything...congrats on the transplant. Science is pretty amazing, isn't it !?!
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 7:08 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• If you are on antirejection medication I wouldnt even TRY to get pregnant right now!! Your body is trying to heal and a pregnancy takes a lot from your body as it is! You are crazy to try and conceive right now! Be patient and do what you have to do to get well, once you are well, THEN try for a baby.
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 7:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You need to speak to your OB/GYN and nephrologist on how to approach conception. They will be the one's that will give you a better idea on what to expect.
    babyblue21

Answer by babyblue21 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• see a doctor before you try.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 4:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2010