dd temp.

my dd has a temp of 99.8 should i give her meds for it? her head feels warm but her body doesnt feel as warm. her temp got up to 100.4 last night.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 7:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't give meds to my kids for such a low temp. Something I heard someone else say, that makes a LOT of sense to me is "Treat the symptoms, not the fever." If your child is in pain, or lethargic, or seriously affected by the fever - give them medicine. If they are handling it pretty well on their own, don't give them medicine. A fever is a sign that their body is fighting off something! No need to treat it unless they are hurting a lot (my opinion)!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Read the following link on fevers. That is not a high enough fever for meds. http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T082100.asp This link is very helpful. You can always place a call to the pedi for advice as well.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• That's not a temp at all. No, I would not give meds.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 12:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2010