should i hire babysitter because of broken toe?

My husband is not home from deployment for another week or so and i broke my big toe on my left foot. i have a 5 month old at home. should i hire a babysitter so i can rest my foot?

HKittyCrzy

Asked by HKittyCrzy at 8:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Health

• You can if you want to.
    Or put every thing you need for the baby in one room. So you do not have to walk to far.

Answer by louise2 at 8:38 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Honey, football players play with broken arms, why should a toe require help??? Broken toes heal on their own, whether you rest them or not. Hope it heals quick!!!

Answer by older at 8:38 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• You can if want, but it's not necessary. I had a broken toe, and still took care of my three kids. Just try to stay off of it as much as you can.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• DONT THINK IT IS NECESSARY!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• A five month old is not mobile so you can really rest as much as you want anyway. Id suck it up and save yourself some money.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• lol no...i have a 4 year old and a one year old and broke my last 2 toes on my right foot last week and did just fine w/o a sitter :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• A broken great toe is a bit different from fracturing any other toe... Do you all understand the biomechanics of the foot?? Might be a good idea before you are so quick to judge this poor girl.

OP- are you on crutches?? If so you should not be trying to lift and carry your baby. So yes, you may need help. If you are in a walking boot you may be a bit more ambulatory, but you may still need some help until you get used to how to balance carrying things/baby this way. For the first week you should elevate your foot as much as possible anyways... so yes, maybe get help for a week or so. Especially b/c you don't have the support of your husband to help you right now. If you need help get it... if you feel you can do it yourself then go that root. Bottom line is you need to do whats right for you and you baby!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I broke two toes on my right foot and did okay with my three kids (one was 14 months) but there is nothing wrong with you if you want to hire a babysitter. Only you know how you feel. Even if you didn't break a toe you should feel ok asking people to watch your baby occasionally. No big deal:)

Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 10:11 AM on Dec. 31, 2010