Would you continue to say Hello!?

There is this family in our neighborhood who keeps to them selves and so do we.
Well their dd is about 14 or so and I remember her when she was little playing down our street and every once in a while I'd see her and say hi but now she is in Junior High and sometimes I see her waiting at our corner of our street for the bus so when I see her I say hi or wave hello and as I am approaching her she seems to turn her head at first I thought she was just not paying attention but it has happened so many times and it kind of upsets me but then I let it go (you get only let things bother you for so long...lol) Anyway now when I see her I just drive by like she is not even there even though I want to just say hi but she strikes as a stuck up little girl. I remember I saw her face to face and asked her is that you omg you are so pretty she just smiled and that was that (I believe her dad is this way)...anyway I don't think I have a problem I just hope she just shakes off whatever she is going through or else kids in school can be mean u know name calling and such.

Anyway I just wantd to vent...Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would just ignore the pretty girl.

Answer by older at 8:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would just not worry about her if you for some reason think that she may be in sopme kind of danger then I would do something about that but other then that i think you should contuine saying HI she is a teen she is going thought a ruff period in her life.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about her. I would just ignore her. If she wants to be stuck-up then don't give her the time of day. Save that sweet Hello for someone who deserves it and will appreciate it.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would just ignore her. She may have been taught by her parents to never talk to strangers, and you are a stranger to her. You may be making her uncomfortable by trying to talk to her.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:01 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Sounds like she is a typical snotty teen. We have a 16 year old daughter (who thank goodness is not the typical snotty teen) who will wave and say hi to anyone. She waved at the other teen girl across the street right after we moved in - the other girl turned her back and actually stuck her nose in the air. It really hurt our daughter's feelings at first, but then she decided that she would rather not be friends with that kind of person anyway.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• 14 yo girls are kinda in a phase anyways. But remember she's not that friendly little girl you remember and is essentially a total stranger to you for the most part. Ignore her. She's not important in your life to worry about. I understand why your disappointed, tho.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• She may not be stuck up at all, just be very shy or have a social disability. If she has not been taught by her parents and has no role models. I doubt that it is personal to you. And it is the girl that we should be concerned with. Hopefully the school is addressing the situation.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I was going to say the same as tootoobusy. I'm 28 and it can be very awkward for me when a person approaches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I try my best to live by the 'do unto others' rule. I would continue to say hi but not approach her. You never know what someone is going thru and even if she ignores you, she sees that you are a nice person. One day, she may need a nice person!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'd keep saying hi. You never know she might need someone to talk to in the future.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2010