iceskating

at what age did your child(ren) go iceskating for the first time? i think mine is too little still but i was just curious.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 8:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think about 3 years old is when I started, and about the same age for my boys.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:59 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• How old is yours? They can go at 2 if they have a strong skater to support and guide them. I got my grandkids passes to use with my husband for Christmas. They are 4, 6 and 8. We took my kids skiing at 4. My son played small fry ice hockey at 5.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:01 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• she is 21 months. but i am not a strong skater at all. so i will wait until next winter.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 9:10 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• My daughter was 4, my son was 2. He is fearless though. He is playing IP hockey at 3. When you take her, don't forget a helmet! A plain old bike helmet is better than nothing!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• They can start as soon as they can walk. They must wear a helmet, mittens and give them something to hold onto on the ice like a strong cardboard box waist high or childs chair that they can push around and hold on to the back.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• yeah they had one of those things to hold on to at the icerink when i went with my nephews a couple of years ago. i might do it when she is a little older. i am debating. they said that the helmet is mandatory. i will see what happens. so she isn;t too young then because she is almost two so i might be able to take her sometime. thanks
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• WELL I HAVE NEVER GONE LOLI WANT TOO
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 14, 2010