Wow...How Would You React?

A friend was going to set me up with a friend of his. I was returning something that I'd borrowed to my friend and overheard him talking to the friend he was going to set me up with; they didn't see me. The conversation went like this:

My Friend: I want to set you up with (name), she's a really great person.
His Friend: Oh yeah, what's she like?
My Friend: She's really smart, and funny, she makes us laugh all the time.
His Friend: Is she hot?
My Friend: Well...ummm....no, she's not, but she's really smart and funny!
His Friend: Is she even pretty?
My Friend: Weeellll...okay, so she's not pretty, but she's really nice!

I ran away before they could see me.
What would you do in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• See what happens. If the friend sets you up, you know that there is no surprises
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would let them set me up and get dolled up to the max, get a hot outfit and attitude to go with it, prove them all wrong, besides beauty belongs to the beholder.

Answer by older at 9:14 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Your friend just might not see you that way. I wouldn't be upset. I would do the unexpected and get all decked out for this "date". Watch your friends jaw drop lol.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Don't let it bother you, as long as you know in your heart that you are a beautiful women inside and out.. THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!!! Everyone has an opioion, to each their own. if this guy is vein then he isn't even worth your time. I wouldn't waste my time on someone who is only into how someone looks. nor i wouldn't play into any kinda of game.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• not worry about it......live your life you now your hot in your own heart...refuse the date if it makes you uncomfortable
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Me? I'd probably go home and cry, but I think the other women are right, your friend is just that..a friend, so he doesn't see you in that light..maybe the same way a brother might see his sister or react to that question if asked?? Men have narrow standards for the hotness quotient, if they don't see skin..cleavage..legs, then they don't see hot. Don't change for anyone, you're beautiful just the way you are and someone will come along and appreciate you for who you are, if you end up going out with him, just be yourself!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 9:29 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• even ugly people have soul mates....lol
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I would stay away from both of them. If a man isn't interested in who you are on the inside, he's not a man worth having. Beauty is indeed only skin deep, and even if a woman is knock-out gorgeous today, there could be an unfortunate accident that would render her instantly not so attractive on the outside. Don't worry about this one. Just be thankful you didn't waste one minute of your time on him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:44 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it. Your friend obviously thinks a lot of you. Yes, it stings that he doesn't find you hot but he thinks your fabulous in a lot of other ways.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 9:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Wow. Honestly I'd tell her to go screw herself.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2010