Do republicans oppose retaining the middle class tax cuts?

According to Obama they do.

"When they expire in two years, I will fight to end them," Obama said. "Just as I suspect the Republican Party may fight to end the middle-class tax cuts that I've championed and that they've opposed."

Who does he think is stupid enough to swallow that?

Republicans want tax cuts to remain for ALL.

Just more class warfare promotion from the left.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because all he cares about is his marxist agenda..he is a narcissistic bastard.Pfft anyway we all knew this is what he'd spew very predictable and his parroting minions on cm have been sqwaking the same bs.lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• laughingAnd I guess the Republicans have been holding the Democrats hostage for the past two years when Dems were in the majority but didn't deal with this issue then?

SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:09 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• He is big on class warfare. Hate the rich they are the reason your life sucks is the message many Dems are trying to get out right now. Pretty pathetic since the top 10 percent of earners pay over 65 percent of all taxes collected so they pay way more than their fair share and are not evil. Crazy how some think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I'm astonished by some of the things Obama says. I hate that he continues to propagate the myth that the Republicans only care about the upper 2% of society. They have been fighting to keep ALL of the tax cuts in place.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yep it's all the rich folks fault..SEIZE them! lol Grab your pitch forks ..don't forget your koolaid now..and follow O
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Wrong RN if anyone is 'holding hostage' it has been your man O.. for ALL to get the cuts pubs had to compromise YET AGAIN and allow O to spend more..like he loves to do..spend spend spend.He got another stimulus ANOTHER one...I kind of wish pubs would have refused and waited until JAN to give the tax cuts to ALL without having all of the other massive spending but of course that would be like a catch 22 situation.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:05 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I believe he thinks if he just says it long enough, he'll be able to persuade people of his views. That's his big problem, not being able to communicate the "facts" to an uninformed public.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:10 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Hum ...I do not have rose colored glasses on RN lol.I don't expect to agree with the pubs on the hill at all times but I do know that this bs O is spewing is just that bs...all to try and put himself in some light of glory and shame the pubs...FAIL..his deceptiveness is one thing that is very transparent...maybe thats the transparency he was really talking about..

and psst ...there have been a few things I have happened to agree with the bastard on...so you are wrong again
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:21 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yeah, lets keep the tax cuts. Heaven forbid the wealthy actually have to pay their share.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• When they expire in two years, I will fight to end them,"
    ---
    Isn't this what he was supposed to be doing over the last 3 years? that's what he promised while campaigning. then he waited 2 years to do anything, now this. Ineffective? Inadequate? Liar?
    If he didn't do it over the last 2 years it won't happen in the next 2 years. Or the 12 years of GOP control that will come when Jackass is retired.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2010