Mirena - How long am I going to be spotting TMI

I was 9 weeks pp when I got the mirena in. I had to get it done at Planned Parenthood because my clinic wouldn't accept my insurance for it. So Planned Parenthood made me take the pill for 2 weeks to ensure I wouldn't be pregnant. Well I'm not on the pill because I suck at taking it so of course I would take it for 2 days and forget for 4. Then I got the Mirena installed and I got my period for a week after and I have been spotting for the last 3 weeks. The blood has gone from red to brown....when is it going to let up... I have a crabby husband!

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Health

• With any birth control, you could spot the whole time you are on it. After I had my daughter, I spotted for 18 months with 3 different types of birth control. Even the one I was on before I got pregnant.
    It can take up to 3 months for your body to get used to it but once 3 months is over, if you are still spotting, you need to go back in and have them check you out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:51 AM on Dec. 15, 2010