Bow-chicka-wow-wow?

Since when is this appropriate for kids? Ok, I know, since Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, but really? I cringe every time I hear my kids say this. I know they have NO IDEA where it originated, but still..... Anyone else cringe?

drowninginboys

Asked by drowninginboys at 5:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• My stepbabies do this. I also cringe and think it's completely inappropriate. They also refer to behinds as "booties" which, to me, is a sexualized term.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• YES! I think my jaw dropped to the floor when I heard a child do this at my daughter's school!
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 5:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• no cant say i do. My newphew says it and its kind of cute to me hes 3. He doesnt know what it means he says it just while playing or when hes trying to be funny.
    Anonymous

• No.
    AnitaVersion2.0

Answer by AnitaVersion2.0 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• my middle son has said this since he was 5. he will put his hands on his head, shake his butt and say it. it is so funny, that all you can do is laugh. with all of the dangers and such out there today I personally take this with a grain of salt.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• my daughter says it because she thinks that is what sabastion sings in the new Little Mermaid movie. I was shocked the first time i heard her say it but now that i know why she says it, it is ok... but still a little embarasing in public, lol.
    crissym45

Answer by crissym45 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2008