Do you believe in the gift of prophesy?

You can be anon. I am wondering if you believe in prophesy or "second sight"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• No. I do however believe in observant people and people that are "in tune" to their surroundings.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• absolutely. I agree with pp that it is really about being more aware most of the time. however, i personally dreamed about my husband years ago... and forgot until after we were married. i cam across the dream i wrote down which included a description of his appearance, his FULL NAME, his brother's name and appearance, his father's name, appearance and personality.. .in my dream was our wedding day.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i do believe in prophesy. i have seen it in my own life, with people prophesying things into my life, and i have also recently learned i have the gift as well. it is just something that has to grow and be cultivated. i dont know everything there is to know about it, but i do believe in it. if you want more info that i CAN give you pm me.
    i also am aware that not everyone who claims to be a prophet is one. my sil went to a lady who thinks she is uber-spiritual, and the lady asked sil what she wanted. sil says she wants to know what her gift is, and the lady asks sil "what gift do you want"? i dont think thats right. if you pick what you want, its not a gift. sil wants the gift of prophecy, so the lady says "start prophecying". every since then, sil has gone off the deep end with her "prophesying". so there are false prophets, and you have to let God give you discernment to know when you run into one.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 5:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Sure. It's not just for the Bible. It's for us today as well.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• No.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Oh yes... my visions/dreams are usually dead on!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:51 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yes, I believe God has given people the gift of prophecy.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yes definately, I have dreams that come true all the time
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Yes, I do.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:12 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Absolutely. My husband is more in tune with events in his life and those of people he has a relationship with, but he is not a prpphet per say. I wuld love to have a more in tune ability, but I do not. That is just not one of the gifts bestowed upon me. But yes, I believe there are prophets as well as false prophets.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008