ive broken my pelvis before should i worry about giving birth to my child

I Broke my pelvis like 6 years ago and now i am 10 weeks preg with my first child do you think i should be worried at all my doctor said she may need o put me in a hip brace to life the baby off of my pelvis once i get big which i understand but idk what do you think? Like vaginal birth and complications?

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 11:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My aunt broke hers when she was 19. At 33 she gave birth just fine vaginally. No brace needed in her case

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• These are questions for your doctor, not for a group of women that for the most part, have no medical degrees. I do wish you luck with your pregnancy and I'll bet this is a wait and see type of situation. As in wait and see how big the baby is going to be...etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Excuse me! twinsplus2more,how do u know that none of the moms have any kind of medical degree? I hope u don't assume things like this alot. U r wrong,I have the training. Thank u. I would appreciate it that u not assume things u don't know about!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Thank you Dancer
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Wow dancer you may have a degree, but you sure offend easily. She said "For the most part" not "everyone here does not" I have the training too, BTW and I can read her statement the way it was intended. She made no assumptions. I would appreciate you show some professionalism and not fly off the handle at a generalized statement. As long as your doctor knows about the previous break, she can take steps to minimize the risk. I am not going to tell you it won't happen, but you shouldn't worry about it until you get closer. Most, not all, can deliver safely without breaking the pelvis again.
    Anonymous

• Thank you anonymous
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• This really is a topic to discuss with your doctor. I'm sure a lot of it will depend on how bad the break had been, how well it healed, the location of the break, if you're in pain, ect.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• There is no way to know from here~~
    ;-)
    Some women to have injuries and still have natural births.
    (My friend was in a car accident in her last pregnancy, broke her pelvis, still had a natural birth.)
    And some women have true CPD or other complications that hinder their ability to deliver normally.
    Can't say from here. But know that it may be possible, don't give up hope.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• if it healed properly, then you should have no trouble
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 4:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2010