Should I send out Christmas cards this year???

My Mom passed away this past summer 2010 and my sisters aren't going to send out Christmas cards. I was planning on sending them (I do it every year) but now I don't know what to do. Would it be in bad taste if I sent them out?

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 11:10 AM on Dec. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• Joyce, go ahead and send them:) Spread a little cheer to others, and it will come back to you. Your mom will be with you in spirit, you know that! Fondly, Carol
    Heartlight617

Answer by Heartlight617 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• How are Christmas cards in bad taste?

How is whether or not someone sends Christmas cards related in any way to anyone's mother's death? If you're celebrating the season, you're probably doing all (or most) of what you've always done... yes?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Send them out. It's a yearly tradition for you and it's a little way for you to get your mind off things. You might make someone receiving the card smile.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Why would it be in bad taste? I always send out christmas cards.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:17 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• no, because life goes on for everyone else. Just because she passed (sorry btw) doesn't mean everyone else has to stop living their lives. Your lives and activities weren't contingient upon your mom's continued survival. It will be hard and I would probably tone it down alot personally, but I wouldn't stop living.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think this is really up to you. I am sorry for your loss.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Send em out. I don't see why you shouldnt do it this year.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• No, it would not be in bad taste. I am sorry for your loss. My mom died in August,1997. It is still hard! If u feel like sending them then go ahead. If your heart is not in it,I'm sure those people would understand. I used to send out a whole box of them,20 cards! We only got like 5 back, so I stopped. Don't feel obligated to send them. I understand what it feels like if your heart is not in it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:14 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I think you hsould send them. Nothing wrong with celebrating the holidays!! Sorry for your loss. You can still go on living and being happy..your mom would have wanted that!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• i say send them. it will make you feel better. i don;t think your mom would want you to stop living. just think of it that way.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2010